Monday, November 6, 2023

My first Sunday

 Yesterday was my first Sunday as the Transitional Pastor of North Madison Baptist Church, and it felt so good being back in the pulpit. After all, it had been a whole 4 months or so since I had preached! It just felt good sharing God's Word with the people and having the opportunity to speak an encouraging word to them. I found out I picked a busy week to start...we are the host church for the American Baptist Men's meeting tonight and there is a leadership meeting on Tuesday. Nothing like hitting ground running.

At the American Baptist Men's meeting I am going to share a video and the story of a pilot who was scheduled to fly the plane that was flown into the Pentagon building on 9/11. He was bumped off that flight the morning of 9/11 by a more senior pilot. It is a powerful and moving story. I heard this pilot speak at a meeting I attended while on vacation in Florida. I had to buy his DVD and will be showing that tonight. I encourage all men living in the Madison, Indiana area to attend this meeting. It will be at 7:00 at North Madison Baptist Church starting at 7:00. There will be pie and coffee after the meeting, and you do not have to be an American Baptist to attend. I would love to have every man in the Madison community to come and hear this story.



No comments: