Friday, April 6, 2018

It's Friday but Sunday's Coming

This past Sunday being Easter I reminded our congregation that when Jesus died it was only Friday, but Sunday was coming. Although the disciples and others thought everything they had believed in had ended, they didn't realize that Sunday was yet to come. I should have known better than to preach that message!

My Friday occurred this past Tuesday. I woke up with an infected tooth that had to be pulled. While I was waiting for the dentist office to open I found out my computer couldn't connect to the Internet. The computer couldn't find the internet adapter. I looked up how to reconnect the adapter, and couldn't find it anywhere on my computer. By this time I was able to call the dentist and was told to come right over. The tooth was beyond saving so I had it pulled. I came home and didn't feel like fooling with the computer any more that day.

The next morning I tried again to fix it to no avail. There was nothing to do but call my computer repair guy. We felt it probably had a virus. After checking it out he discovered the adapter wasn't even listed on the computer. (At least I was looking in the right place!) Later that night he called saying he had it fixed. Evidently, lightening Monday night entered the computer and took out just that one board. He repaired it, cleaned up some programs that weren't working properly, and it's working great now. Now, if the last of the jaw pain would go away I would feel great again.

Compared to many people in the world my "Friday" wasn't that bad. Uncomfortable perhaps, and certainly annoying, but not bad. Still, I always look for Sunday to come.

The hope that we have as Christians is that there are always better days ahead because Jesus Christ defeated death and the grave. He brings us through our valleys in this world and gives us the confidence that one day we shall kneel in His presence and be with Him forever.

If you want to be blessed this morning go to You Tube and watch the video "It's Friday but Sunday's Coming" by  S. M. Lockridge. If it doesn't light a fire in you, your wood's wet!

No comments: