Tuesday, March 27, 2012

500th post

It is hard for me to believe this is my 500th blog post.  I started this blog several years ago and quit when I began going for long stretches without posting anything.  After a couple of years I felt led to start it up again to provide a community for bivocational ministers to discuss issues that are important to them.  There has not been the discussion I had hoped for, but many people have sent e-mails or told me in person how much they enjoy reading my posts and that they have been helpful to them and their ministries.  I still occasionally will go a few days without posting anything, but I've never felt the need to write on this blog just to be able to say I had.  If I find something I think will be helpful or think of something that might encourage my readers I post it; if not I keep my mouth shut.

I want to thank everyone who regularly reads the comments posted on this blog.  My desire for many years has been to find ways to encourage and resource the growing numbers of bivocational and smaller church pastors.  You continue to be rock stars to me.  Your work is so important to the Kingdom of God.  I know there are times when you feel somewhat alone in your ministry and wonder if anyone cares about what you do.  I want you to know that you are not alone, and I care very much about your work and your life.  I want to do whatever I can to support you in this important work God has called you to.

If this blog is helpful, please let me know.  Feel free to jump in at any time and respond to any of the postings.  The more dialogue we have about the items discussed here the more helpful it will be to our readers.  Most importantly, never forget your calling.  God has seen in you the gifts and talents you need to serve as a bivocational pastor.  Rejoice in your calling!

No comments: