Monday, August 3, 2009

Are you ready for a coach?

In the past few weeks I have talked to a number of bivocational ministers who are feeling extra stressed these days. They feel frustrated that their churches are not growing. Some are dealing with family issues, and in some cases the ministry is making those issues worse. A number are dealing with financial problems. They feel stuck as a person and as a minister.

I know how they feel because I have been there more than once. It's not a fun place to be, and it can be very difficult to feel there will ever be better days ahead. The last time I was dealing with some of those issues I was fortunate that I had a good coach to help me work through some of the challenges I was facing. Because of the benefit that I received from coaching I became interest in helping others as a coach. Since then I have had the opportunity to coach a number of fully-funded and bivocational ministers. The success of these coaching relationships led me to decide to do my DMin project on coaching bivocational ministers for greater ministry effectiveness. I am about half-way through that project and more convinced than ever that coaching is a great tool to help someone be able to again be moving forward in his or her life and ministry.

Right now I am able to coach two more persons who are tired of feeling stuck and are ready to move forward once again. Because I see coaching as part of my ministry to bivocational ministers my fees are much lower than most coaches charge. If you are feeling frustrated with your life or ministry right now I would encourage you to see those fees as an investment you are making in yourself.

If you are ready to again move forward with your life and ministry and believe having a coach might help you do that, please contact me for further information about the coaching relationship. You don't have to settle for being stuck.

No comments: