Thursday, March 31, 2022

Now is the Time

 Many of us live in a wonderful land of Someday Isle. How many times have you said, "Someday I'll....?" You can fill in the blank yourself. We've all been there and done that. Faced with opportunities and choices we often choose to put them off until a more convenient time. We come up with dozens of reasons why this isn't the right time to do .... Ah, but someday I'll get around to doing that.

Then a funny thing happens. One day we realize that time has passed us by and there isn't time to do that thing. When this realization hits something happens inside us. A dream dies, and a little bit of us dies as well.

Who among us has not wished we could go back and relive our lives, or at least part of it. I doubt anyone wants to go back to when we were being potty trained, but there are many times in my life I wish I had made different decisions. I would love to have the opportunity to revisit those times and make a different decision than the one I made at the time.

Even though I've been blessed with opportunities to do many things in my life, there's probably 101 other things I would have liked to have done. Many of the things I did do I wish I had done differently.

Probably my two biggest regrets is that I wish I had become a Christian sooner than I did, and I wish I had gone into the ministry sooner. Out of all the things I've done in my life, apart from my family, nothing has been more rewarding that the ministry to which God called me.

Since we cannot turn back time I want to encourage you to make the best of every minute. Focus on the things that are most important to you and give them the time and commitment they deserve. Live every moment. Live life to the fullest. Determine what God has called you to do and pour yourself into that.

Now is the time to read that book, take that vacation, develop a savings and investment strategy, or further your education. Now is the time to spend more time with your family and create memories that will outlast you. Now is the time to clear away the clutter in your life so you can more easily focus on the things that are truly important. And, now is the time to invite Jesus Christ into your life if you've not already done that. The Bible says that "Today is the day of salvation."

Don't put off the most important things in life until tomorrow because none of us are promised tomorrow. Now is the time to do the things you've always wanted to do.

No comments: