Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas

 I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas on my last blog before the holiday. As I look back on the past year it has been one with many challenges and many victories. As we go into the Christmas season I am thankful for the Child for whom we celebrate this holiday. I can truthfully say that without Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior I could not have survived the past 40+ plus years since I invited Him into my life.

For the first 27 years of my life I lived for myself. I spent four years in the Navy, was married and had two children during that time. Life was good in many ways...until it wasn't. As I hit a major roadblock in my life I realized that I needed the faith I once knew in my early childhood but had turned away from. As the pressures of that time intensified it drove me to my knees one day in our home where I asked Jesus Christ to become my Lord and Savior. My life has never been the same!

A few years later I became the pastor of a church, and this year I celebrated 40 years as an ordained minister. I have served as a pastor, a denominational minister and an Intentional Pastor of two churches. During that time I have spent time in both the valleys of life and the mountaintops, but not once has God ever left me. He has allowed me to publish 10 books and lead conferences and speak at seminars for many denominations across the US and Canada. I have enjoyed opportunities I never thought possible while growing up on dairy farms in southern Indiana.

As He promised in the Bible, he has forgiven me of every sin, and there have been many. He has saved me and assured me when this life ends I will be with Him for all eternity. I have many more years behind me now than I have before me so that is a promise I receive gladly.

My prayer for everyone reading this post is that you know the Savior as I do. I pray that you have invited Him into your life as your Lord and Savior and received the gift of eternal life that only He can give. Frankly, if you've not experienced that for yourself, you really cannot celebrate Christmas as you should.

Let me ask you the most important question you will ever be asked. Do you know for certain that if you were to die today that you would go to heaven? Please don't answer with "I hope so," or "I think so." This is too important to not be absolutely certain. The follow-up question is "If you were to die today and God was to ask you why He should let you into heaven, what would your answer be?" Many would point to their church membership, their good deeds, their baptism or confirmation, or many other things they have done, but these would all be wrong answers. The only right response to that question is that you have received Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior. 

My final question: Have you done that? Your answer to this questions will determine your eternity so it's vital that you get it right. I invite anyone who may have questions or doubts about this to contact me. 

My prayer for each of you is that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed 2022!


No comments: