Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Current reading list

Last week I shared my top ten favorite reads for 2018. Today I want to let you know what I'm currently reading and the books in my to-read stack.

For my morning devotional read I am working through O. S. Hawkins' book The Nehemiah Code: It's Never Too Late for a New Beginning. Anyone interested in leadership in any endeavor would be advised to study the book of Nehemiah. This particular book is perfect for devotional study with short chapters that focus on the act of rebuilding.

Redefining Truth: Delusions of Replacing God and Calling Evil Good by David Fiorazo is one that I just started reading a couple of days ago. Although I'm just into the first few chapters I'm finding it interesting partially due to its current examples of how our society is changing the whole concept of truth.

Sitting on the shelf waiting their turn are
Leaders are readers. I hope you have a stack of books sitting on your shelves waiting to be read. Just don't leave them there too long. Don't believe the lie that says you are too busy to read good quality books. The fact is the work you've been called to do demands you read. Some of the busiest and best known leaders in America today read 2-3 hours every day, and some read more than that. Paul told young Timothy to study to show himself approved, and that is needed advice for everyone in leadership, especially church leadership. We begin with the Bible and then add other quality books to feed our faith and to help us better understand the world in which we live and serve.

No comments: