Saturday, October 8, 2011

What do you want people to understand about bivocational ministry?

I apologize for not writing more lately.  We have some family issues that are requiring a lot of my time right now, and I just haven't been able to post anything on the blog.  I wondered if any of my regular readers were still with me, but I see that they are.  I appreciate that very much and will certainly appreciate your prayers as well.

My next book is scheduled for release next spring, and I'm in the process of writing another one.  The final chapter of this book is primarily addressed to denominational and judicatory leaders.  In that chapter I want to tell them what bivocational ministers wish they understood about what we do, the way we feel about our ministries, some of the challenges we face, and how they can help us.  I could use your help.  What do you wish your denominational and judicatory leaders understood about bivocational ministry?  If you are not part of a denomination, pretend for a few minutes that you are and think about what you might want them to know about your ministry and life. 

While I believe that bivocational ministers will find this new book helpful, I really want it to provide some tools denominational leaders can use to better support the bivocational ministers who serve in their districts.  Your input to the questions in the previous paragraph can help make this book better.  I look forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

Dr. Terry Dorsett said...

Praying for you to have the wisdom to deal with the issues in the family. We all have those from time to time and thank God for His leadership in dealing with them. Also excited about your new book. Denominational leaders such as myself need all the direction we can get!