Monday, June 25, 2007

On the road again

I survived the week at Liberty. The class was great with a lot of good discussion about ministry in the 21st century. My wife and I also enjoyed eating at Koto's, a Japanese steakhouse in Lynchburg. Anytime I'm in Lynchburg for a week I make sure to eat there at least once, and sometimes twice during the week. Their Yum-Yum sauce is great! But, it was also good to get back home even with all the phone calls and e-mails I needed to return. It's always good to sleep in your own bed. Unfortunately, it won't last long.

The American Baptist biennial starts later this week in Washington DC, and I will leave for it on Wednesday. It will be good to see some folks I haven't seen for awhile and catch up on all the latest scuttlebutt in the denomination. Judson Press also has me scheduled for a book signing on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for The Work of the Bivocational Minister. If any of the readers of this blog attends the biennial, be sure to look me up and introduce yourself.

Now I have to get back to this backlog of calls and e-mails.

No comments: