Friday, May 21, 2010

New Book

I am excited to report that Beacon Hill Press will release my next book on September 1.  I can now announce the title of the book is The Healthy Pastor: Easing the Stresses of Ministry.  This will be my first book that does not specifically speak to issues faced by bivocational and small church leaders.  Most of the stresses that we in ministry face are common to all ministers, and this book wil look at 14 of them.

You will notice that the title does not refer to eliminating the stresses of ministry.  I'm not sure that some of the stresses can be eliminated, but all of them can be managed and lessened.  After identifying some of these stresses and their sources, the book offers some practical ways to address them so they become less stressful.  I believe this book will be a valuable help to everyone in ministry and their families.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

Sounds good.

Is there anyway I can get a complimentary advanced reader copy to review on my blog?

Lately I have been reviewing for some Christian review sites as well as for MINISTER magazine with the Ministers Council.

This quarter's article is on self-care. The articles are due June 1 for that though.

But it might be something to mention in the future in minister magazine as well.