- Who am I? (Identity)
- Where do I fit? (Belonging)
- What difference do I make? (Purpose)
One of the things I found interesting is how many young people answer the identity question. For many, they find their identity
- By the number of likes they have on social media.
- In their selfies.
- By the number of followers they have on social media.
- In their daily contacts on Snapchat.
- By the types of phones they have.
- In the cars we drove.
- By our hairstyles.
- In the groups we associated with in school.
- By the colleges or universities we attended.
- By the people we dated.
- By the music we listened to.
The authors of the book suggest that their answers to the identity question is found in God's grace. Their belonging question is answered through the love of community, and the purpose question is answered as they become involved in God's mission in the world.
I wonder...how long has it been since your church addressed these three life challenges?