Friday, November 21, 2014

2015 Workshops on small church and bivocational ministry

Since 2001 one of the things I've enjoyed doing is leading workshops and conferences on small church and bivocational ministry.  After having spent 20 years as a bivocational pastor, writing several books on small church and bivocational ministry, and doing my doctoral work on coaching bivocational ministers it's not too difficult to tell where my ministry passion lies.  Those who serve in these churches are my heroes.  There are few things in my ministry life that I find more rewarding than being able to encourage these individuals and share with them information that I pray adds value to their lives and ministries.

Many denominational and judicatory leaders will begin now to think about the training opportunities they will offer their church leaders in 2015.  With the rising numbers of bivocational pastors serving in virtually every denomination today I hope they will consider doing something especially for them.  If so, I would love to talk with them about partnering with them to help train their bivocational and small church leaders.

I offer several workshops

  • The Healthy Small Church (My most popular one)
  • The Healthy Pastor: Easing the Stresses of Ministry
  • Transforming the Small Church From Maintenance-Minded to Missional
  • Bivocational Ministry in the 21st Century
  • Church Hospitality: How to Turn First-Time Guests Into Followers of Jesus Christ
  • Coaching Bivocational Ministers (For judicatory and denominational leaders and others who are responsible to work with these individuals)
In addition to these, I have developed specific workshops to meet the needs of individual groups.  You should always feel free to contact me about a particular need you might have.  Each of these workshops are offered in six-hour, three-hour, and one-hour formats to meet your specific needs.

These workshops have been presented to leaders in several denominations across the United States and Canada.  The denominations I've been privileged to assist include

  • American Baptist Churches USA
  • The Southern Baptist Convention
  • General Baptists
  • United Methodist Church
  • The Salvation Army
  •  Atlantic Baptist Mission (Canada)
  • The Wesleyan Church
  • The Church of the Nazarene
Because of my current ministry as a Resource Minister in our region my ability to travel is limited so I can only schedule a few workshops each year.  If you are interested in contacting me I encourage you to do so as soon as possible so we can get your event on my calendar.  Please contact me if you have any questions about any of my workshops.



No comments: