Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New book released today!

I am quite excited today.  My latest book, The Art and Practice of Bivocational Ministry: A Pastors's Guide, was released today and can be ordered online or in Christian bookstores.  This book is based on my Doctor of Ministry project that explored how coaching can help bivocational ministers.  It includes ten case studies of bivocational ministers that I have coached over the past few years and the issues we addressed in those coaching relationships.  I selected these ten because their issues are common to many bivocational (and fully-funded) ministers.  I believe this book will help the reader find solutions to some of the challenges he or she has been facing in ministry and life.  In some cases, the reader will decide that he or she needs the services of a coach to help them resolve some of their challenges.  If that is the case I invite you to contact me as I have openings for a few people who want a coach to help them go to another level in their lives, their careers, or their ministries.

The final chapter of the book is addressed primarily to denominational and judicatory leaders who want to find ways to assist the bivocational ministers serving in their churches.  As the book illustrates, coaching can be a great tool that can enable you to better serve those leaders.  Two years ago one district asked several experienced pastors in their judicatory to serve as coaches to the many bivocational ministers that served in the district.  I was invited to come in and lead a one day training session for those pastors/coaches to help them get started.  After reading that last chapter, if you believe having coaches assigned to assist your bivocational ministers could be a benefit to them and the churches they serve, give me a call and we can discuss the training I offer to persons who want to coach bivocational ministers.

You can order your copy today from amazon.com at the discounted price of $11.24 by clicking on the book cover.


No comments: