Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Contract for a new book

On March 1 my next book is being released by Beacon Hill Press.  The Healthy Community: Leading Your Church Beyond Tunnel Vision looks at some of the things that limit the effectiveness of our churches.  It can be pre-ordered through amazon.com.

This same publisher notified me this week that they are sending me a contract for another book with a working title of Coaching Bivocational Ministers for Greater Ministry Effectiveness.  This book comes out of my doctoral thesis by the same title.  It explores how bivocational ministers can benefit from a coaching relationship that will help them find solutions to some of the issues they face.  It includes several case studies of pastors I have coached, their problems, and the solutions they discovered through coaching.  The final chapter specifically addresses judicatory and denominational leaders and encourages them to offer coaching to their bivocational ministers.  I believe this book will help bivocational ministers identify some solutions to some of their most pressing problems and will provide a useful tool to those judicatory and denominational leaders who work with them.  The publisher has not given me a projected release date, but I imagine it will be in the spring of 2014.

No comments: