Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Looking for help

Yesterday I received an e-mail from Terry Dorsett asking for assistance in making his book available to bivocational ministers.  Ray Gilder, a friend to anyone involved in bivocational ministry, has requested copies of Terry's book to distribute to bivocational ministers, and Terry wants to help him.  If you would like to help Terry help Ray, please read Terry's e-mail below and see if you feel led to become involved in this project. Thank you.  (Incidentally, if you don't have Terry's book I encourage you to purchase a copy for yourself.  It's an excellent resource.)


On Friday I received a very nice letter from Ray Gilder, national coordinator for the Bivocational Small Church Leadership Network. Ray ministers to pastors in small churches across the nation to help them be healthier and more productive in their ministries. He is well respected by all who know him.




His letter asked that I donate four cases of my book, Developing Leadership Teams in the Bivocational Church, to his organization for them to distribute to pastors. Because of Ray’s connection to so many pastors who need leadership resources, I very much would like to grant his request. However, four cases would be 108 books. As a NAMB missionary with two kids in college, I am just not in a position to donate that many books. I normally sell them for $15 a book, and I can drop that price down to $12, which eats into my profits quite a bit, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to help pastors. But I can't go lower than that. I am trying to find churches or individuals willing to sponsor a case or two for Ray's organization. To ship one case to Ray would cost $336, which includes the shipping costs. To ship all four cases to Ray would cost $1344. Is anyone willing to sponsor a case or two? I’m happy to forward Ray’s letter to anyone who may need it to present to a mission committee or other decision making gropu.



If you are interested, send a check to Next Generation Evangelistic Network, 30 Jones Brothers Way, Barre, VT 05641, and write "Ray Gilder's Project" on the memo line. If you want to do this, it would be helpful if you sent me an email so I would know you are going to help. God bless you.



Terry Dorsett



Dr. Terry Dorsett serves as the Director of the Green Mountain Baptist Association and is the bivocational pastor of Faith Community Church in Barre, VT. He is the author of Developing Leadership Teams in the Bivocational Church, and Bible Brain Teasers: Fun Adventures Through the Bible, as well as numerous church growth articles, and is a frequent contributor to Baptist Press. His blog, Next Generation Evangelistic Network, is read by over 1500 people a month.



No comments: