Thursday, April 21, 2011

New book

Beacon Hill Press informed me this week they have accepted my latest book proposal for publication with a planned release in spring 2012.  The working title is Heart Disease in the Body of Christ.  This book is not directly related to bivocational and small church ministry as my previous books but looks at various factors that limit the effectiveness of churches.  I believe each of the conditions examined in the book are heart issues which is why I've selected the title I have.  Chapters will explore issues such as doctrinal confusion, a lack of grace, a lack of mission, a lack of spiritual maturity, a lack of pastoral leadership, a lack of denominational excellence, and others.  I try to not only point out the problems but offer solutions that can lead to a healthier church.  This is my fifth book with Beacon Hill Press, and I know I will enjoy working with them on this book as I have with the other books.  I'll keep you posted as more information becomes available.

No comments: