Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I wanted to take a moment to wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving.  This seems to be the forgotten holiday in America these days.  As stores are putting their Halloween candy on mark-down they are also putting up their Christmas trees.  There just doesn't seem to be much room for Thanksgiving.  I hope that isn't a reflection on the fact that we are not a very thankful people because we have much to give thanks for this year.

Thanksgiving Day is a great time to stop for a moment to reflect on all the reasons you have to give thanks.  I know that many people are struggling financially right now.  People are out of work or working at lesser jobs than they previously had.  Many have lost their homes and so much more.  We've had some challenges this year ourselves.  But, when I look at the suffering that exists in so much of the world I realize how blessed my family and I am.  Our two children and their families will come in this evening and spend the next few days at our house.  We'll get to spend time with them, enjoy the grandkids, and eat too much wonderful food my wife will prepare.  I'm thankful that we can do that.

If Thanksgiving Day is too hectic for you to take a few moments for reflection, then please do so sometime during this weekend.  I'm sure it won't take long for you to realize how blessed you are.  We serve a great God who is continually watching over us.  He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us, and that one promise alone is enough to make me thankful.

Enjoy the holiday and be blessed!

No comments: