Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Great weekend

This past weekend I had the opportunity to lead two workshops for the Illinois District of the Church of the Nazarene.  I was asked to lead two half-day workshops: "The Healthy Pastor" and "Transforming the Small Church." We had a lot of good discussion around both topics, and I felt the day was well spent.  The following day I preached at the host church for the workshop, the Salem Grace Church of the Nazarene in Salem, IL.  My wife got to go with me on this trip, and we enjoyed our time with the good folks at Salem Grace.  They were most hospitable and the worship service was tremendous.  It was a great weekend.

That was my last scheduled workshop for 2010.  I am currently scheduling workshops for 2011.  The workshops I lead are
  • Bivocational Ministry for the 21st Century
  • The Healthy Small Church
  • The Healthy Pastor
  • Transforming the Small Church from Maintenance-Minded to Missional
  • The Importance of Church Hospitality to Reach New People
If you believe any of these workshops would be helpful to your congregation, please feel free to contact me.  I would be happy to set up a workshop for a judicatory leader who wants to invite his or her district, region, or convention churches.  Any of these workshops are available as a one-day, half-day, or 90 minute presentation.  I prefer the day long workshops as they allow me to better cover each area, but they can be presented in the format that will work best for your situation.  I have led these workshops for church leaders from the Church of the Nazarene, American Baptist Churches, Southern Baptist Convention, General Baptists, Salvation Army, and the Atlantic Baptist Mission.  In addition, I have led some of them for leaders from various mainline denominations at national gatherings. Due to my work as a judicatory leader I can only schedule a limited number of these each year, so I do encourage you to contact me soon if you have an interest in any of them.

No comments: