Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New book on September 1

My newest book will be released on September 1 by Beacon Hill Press.  The title of the book is The Healthy Pastor: Easing the Stresses of Ministry.  Between now and August 30 I want to make my readers a special offer.  The book will retail for $14.99.  If you want to pre-order the book before August 30 for $14.99 I will send it to you with a complimentary CD of a message I recently presented entitled "Clergy Self-Care."  The CD normally sells for $9.99, but you'll get it free for pre-ordering the book.  Plus, I'll pay the postage!

This is the first book I've written that does not specifically address bivocational ministers and smaller churches.  It is written to address the challenges that are common to everyone in ministry positions, and I believe it will be a real help to ministers and those who love them.  This book will address challenges related to families, finances, the sense of being alone, conflict, rapid changes, time management, and a number of other topics that confront the minister and his or her family.  I wrote the book because I have faced many of these challenges in my own life and had to find ways to overcome them.  I truly believe what I've learned in the process can help you.

To pre-order your copy and receive your free CD, send a check for $14.99 to Dennis Bickers, PO Box 1113, Madison, IN  47250.  Indiana residents do need to add 7% sales tax.  To qualify to receive the free CD the orders must be postmarked by August 30.  Thank you.

No comments: