Friday, August 13, 2010

The benefits of coaching

As regular readers of this blog know, my DMin thesis was "Coaching Bivocational Ministers for Greater Ministry Effectiveness."  That thesis can be found at http://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/doctoral/345.  Although the thesis was only published online in June it has already been downloaded 27 times.  People have found that the information discovered in my project is helpful to them, and I am thankful that is the case.

I believe that coaching is a powerful tool to help any bivocational minister who is ready to move forward in his or her life and ministry, and I am pleased to announce that I have a few openings for bivocational ministers who would like to be coached.  You need to know that coaching is not for everyone.  People who are satisfied with how things are in their lives are normally not good candidates for coaching.  Neither are people who are not willing to do the hard work that personal transformation requires.  But, if you feel stuck in any aspect of your life or ministry, and you're ready to do something positive about it, coaching can be a great tool to get you moving forward.  I have coached a number of bivocational and fully-funded ministers, and everyone of them reported that the experience benefitted them in numerous ways.  In my thesis you can read the responses of the five persons I coached for the project and learn how aspects of their lives were changed for the positive.

If you think you might be interested in beginning a coaching relationship with me, please respond to this posting and send me your e-mail address.  We'll discuss it privately through e-mail at first, and if both of us agree that coaching would benefit you we can proceed.  The coaching relationship is always kept confidential, and one thing I believe is a huge benefit of coaching is that the coaching sessions always address the specific issues the person being coached wants to address.  You will set the agenda for every session to ensure you receive the maximum benefit from the coaching relationship.  If you think you might be interested be sure to contact me soon as I can only take a very few persons at one time.  I hope to hear from you.

No comments: