Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Graduation

I apologize for not posting much in recent days.  With my graduation coming up this weekend I have been quite busy getting things finalized for that and preparing for the workshops I'll be leading at the PALCOM conference next week.  The next few days will be quite full and hectic, but I'm excited about both events.  This graduation has been a long time coming.  Someone recently asked how long it took me to earn my DMin, and I answered, "All my life."  I began by taking classes at Boyce Bible School starting in 1983.  I have taken time off between the various degrees, but it seems I've been in one class or another ever since.  The only regret I have with my education is that I waited so long to do it.  I certainly don't regret the classes or the work that brought me to this point.  Every class, even the ones I didn't enjoy, helped shape me and make me a better person and a better minister.

I'll post more about this next week.  I need to get packed tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rev Bickers,

Congratulations on your achievement and your well-deserved qualification. I hope the graduation day goes well.

Regards,

Rev Gus Macaulay,
Bivocational Baptist pastor, Scotland.