Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Comment moderation

WOW!  I go for days without a post and this evening I do three.

In the past few weeks I've received some comments from readers that I have rejected and did not allow to be posted.  The reason for this is that the comments were not in English, and I had no idea what the people were saying.  For years I did not moderate the comments people made even after one person posted a comment in Spanish that someone later told me was an advertisement for a shirt.  I had to change that policy when I woke up one morning and found the same comment written in an Oriental language had been sent to every posting I had at the time.  I had to go into 159 postings and delete the comment since I had no idea what it said and doubted that if it was legitimate it would apply to all 159 postings.  Since that day I have moderated every comment that has been sent to this blog.  I have accepted every one, even if I didn't always agree 100% with the writer, except for the ones that are not in English.

I know people from around the world read this blog.  I have often been amazed where some of the readers of this blog live, and I feel honored that they find value in this blog.  I certainly do not want to offend any reader by rejecting his or her comments, but if I do not know what the comment says I simply cannot allow it to be posted on this blog.  I hope everyone understands and appreciates my position.

No comments: