Thursday, August 13, 2009

Be encouraged

Yesterday was a rough day. After sitting in meetings for the past two days I came home to a number of phone messages. I listened to stories of difficult issues churches are going through right now and of pastors whose lives are in major upheaval. As one pastor said, "Satan is really at work right now."

Yes, he is, but then again he is always at work against God's people. His sole purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy, and he is very good at his work.

I just want to encourage my readers this morning. While it's true that Satan is at work, so is God, and our primary focus needs to be on Him. He has already won our victory at Calvary, and while the devil can be a difficult foe, he is already defeated. If the work you are doing wasn't so important, the devil wouldn't spend so much time trying to sidetrack you. I know how easy it is to get sidetracked when everything seems to be falling apart all around you. In fact, I'm going through a very difficult time personally myself. I'm certainly not saying we need to ignore the personal challenges in our lives and pretend they aren't there. That's not realistic. I am saying that we need to keep our focus on Jesus Christ and trust Him to bring us through whatever challenges we may be facing right now.

God loves you very much. I truly do not believe we have the capacity to fully understand just how much He does love us. Even when we cannot see it happening He is constantly working behind the scenes in our lives. He has not abandoned you nor has He turned His back on you. If you are going through a rough time right now please say to yourself, "God loves me more than I can possibly realize." Keep reminding yourself of this great truth throughout the day. I know I intend to.

No comments: