Thursday, July 30, 2009

Latest workshop info

Yesterday evening I returned from the General Baptist 2009 Ministry and Mission Summit held in Evansville, Indiana. This was the annual gathering of this denomination, and I had been invited to share my workshop "Transforming the Small Church from Maintenance-Minded to Missional" in one of their breakout sessions. We had a great turnout in that session, and I enjoyed my time with these folks a great deal.

If this sounds like a workshop that would be appropriate for your church I encourage you to contact other churches in your association or area and see if several of them would be willing to have this workshop presented in your area. This day-long workshop focuses on the differences between maintenace-minded and missional churches and examines how a smaller church can make that transistion. We identify some of the common roadblocks that make change difficult in smaller churches and how to overcome them. We also share stories of how smaller churches have been able to make that transition. It is a very practical workshop that can help your church become more outward focused and involved in fulfilling the Great Commission in your community. Contact me for more information about this or the other workshops I offer.

No comments: