Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been two weeks

I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last blog! Last week we visited our son and his family in Philly and had a great time. Our granddaughter had a soccer game we got to watch, and our grandson had a football game. It's always fun to watch grandchildren play sports, and both are very good. Of course, I may be a little prejudiced.

Next week I will be in Michigan speaking to a gathering of Salvation Army officers and pastors on the healthy small church. I'll speak there on Thursday and Friday. They anticipate 30-40 people will attend the event. Calls are coming in from various judicatories asking about me speaking to their pastors and leaders in 2009, but nothing is scheduled yet.

My publisher sent my manuscript asking for some re-writes. The book Intentional Ministry in a Not-So-Mega-Church is now at the copyeditor, and they need me to do some work on it. My deadline is Oct. 20 so I'll have to work on it this weekend.

I also need to finish my paper for my last DMin class. It's not due until December 1, but I want to get it over with. I've registered for my last two classes, one in January and one in March. All that will be left then is my dissertation.

We have staff meetings today and tomorrow, so I better finish getting ready for that. Now, do you understand why I hadn't written in a couple of weeks? Of course you do, you're a bivocational minister, too!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Busy, busy! BUT, since I have gone bivocational in ministry and opted out of "full-time," life is more enjoyable and ministry is more productive!

I thank God for your ministry! Keep up the good work....