Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane in Indiana

You don't normally think of hurricanes hitting Indiana, but the remnants of Ike went through our community today. I am in Virginia again this week for a DMin class. My wife called as I neared my motel to tell me we had lost quite a few shingles. Neighbors have trees down, and there is widespread electrical outages including at my house. I was able to call a roofer, and he will try to put a tarp on our roof before dark, but he said his phone is ringing off the hook with similar calls. Our daughter in Lexington, KY called to say they were about to get winds of 60-80 MPH and some neighbors have already lost siding. We have heard of the widespread damage Ike caused the Houston area, but it looks like it isn't finished yet. Let's join in prayer for the people from all over the country who are suffering due to this storm.

No comments: