Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Healthy Small Church Workshop

This week I am with the American Baptist Churches of the Rocky Mountains leading workshops on the Healthy Small Church. On Monday we were with 20 small church leaders in Colorado Springs, CO for a great day. It is always exciting to see pastors and leaders of smaller churches coming together to learn new ways of leading their churches.

Today my wife and I drove through the mountains to Grand Junction, CO. We took a more scenic route than my GPS recommended which gave us the opportunity to see part of the country we would not have seen otherwise. For a couple of people who grew up on farms in southern Indiana the mountains were amazing. We saw big horned sheep, hundreds of deer, and two dog sled teams riding through the snow.

Tomorrow we will have our second workshop at a church in Palisade, CO. I understand about 15 people are registered, and I am looking forward to spending the day with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This past Monday was a "delightful time" with you, Dennis. As one of the small churches, I was immediately drawn to your practical applications of Scripture and common-sense advice.

Thanks for what you are doing!
Pastor Don Emanuel
Bethany Baptist Church
Colorado Springs, CO