Sunday, November 18, 2007

Missional book for smaller churches

This past week I signed an agreement with Beacon Hill Press to publish my next book that has a working title of Transforming the Small Church: From Maintenance-Minded to Missional. Despite what many people believe, smaller churches can change. Although many seem locked in a survival mode and very resistent to change, some of them are willing to move out of that maintenance mindset and become more missional once they see the need to do so. It will probably not be a quick process in most smaller churches, so the leaders will have to take a long-term approach to the transformation process, but it can be done.

Beacon Hill Press is the publishing arm of the Church of the Nazarene, and they have been very gracious to publish two of my previous books that addressed bivocational ministry and small church health. They understand the need for resources for our smaller churches and bivocational ministries. The folks there have been great to work with, and I'm sure this project will be no exception. I have no details of expected release dates, but I will keep you posted on this blog of the process of this project. This can be an important book in helping our smaller churches begin to look at a new way of doing ministry, so I ask that you keep it in your prayers as it is being prepared for publication.

No comments: