Saturday, September 22, 2007

Virtual assistant

I recently discovered a possible solution for one of the problems faced by many bivocational ministers. When I served as a bivocational pastor I often regretted the fact that our church did not have an assistant who could handle many of the office tasks such as printing newsletters, bulletins, handling mailings, and answering the telephone. Those tasks took up a great deal of my time which lessened the time I had available to be with people.

Earlier this week I met a woman who has started a ministry called Deirdre's Virtual Office. She will do all the things mentioned above and more which will take much of the administrative load off the bivocational minister enabling him or her to have more time for ministry. Her fees seem very reasonable, and the church saves money by not having to purchase office equipment and pay taxes or vacation time for an employee. She is married to a minister and has worked as a church secretary in several churches.

You can find out more about this service on her website at d-virtualoffice.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention of my ministry in your blog. My heart’s desire is to serve the Bivocational Minister with my Virtual Assistant services because I know, as the wife of a Bivocational Minister, there are times when it’s a struggle to get everything done, care for your congregation and still have time to spend with family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I've recently changed my web hosting and updated my website http://dvirtualoffice.com (without the hyphen)