Sunday, June 10, 2007

Transformation

I am writing a new book that examines how to introduce change to a small church. I know what you're thinking...change and small church in the same sentence must be an oxymoron. We all know how resistant to change small churches are, but I am convinced that many smaller churches are willing to change if the change is presented to them in the right way. My book is intended to provide a process for doing that.

If you are the pastor of a smaller church, how has your church changed since you went there? What led to the church's willingness to change? Who directed the change?

The change I am particularly interested in is the transformation from the church being primarily maintenance-minded to becoming more missional in its outlook. Many of our smaller churches are focused on survival and maintaining what they have rather than looking for ways to enter their mission field (communities) and ministering to the needs that exist there. I would be interested in knowing how many of our readers' churches are maintenance minded and how many are missional. Let me know!

No comments: