Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Kidney Stones!

Sunday evening I felt a familiar pain that I had not felt for a few years, but once you experience it you recognize it immediately. Kidney stone! The pain started suddenly and continued to intensify. I began drinking lots of water and pacing through the house. Finally, at 3:00 am I woke my wife and told her I had to go to the ER. A few hours and a Cat scan later it was confirmed that I had not one but two kidney stones. They sent me home with pain medicine and told me to follow up with my urologist.

I saw him today and found that the larger stone only has a 50-50 of passing on its own. To make a long story short, if I don't pass it by Sunday I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday so the doctor can take it out. There is nothing that sounds good about that!

Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks.

No comments: