Monday, May 7, 2007

DMin Classes

Right now I'm taking the one distance learning class I can take in my DMin studies. The reading has been good, but the projects are a little difficult due to the type of ministry I do. The assignments are primarily for a pastor, but I serve as an Area Minister. Fortunately, I have a great instructor at Liberty who has made some suggestions for projects for this class that will not only allow me to complete the class but will enable me to help a couple of other pastors look at their churches in a new way.

Last week I registered for another class at the school that is offered in June. My wife has taken a week's vacation to join me which will make it nice. I just booked the room and got a great rate as a student, so we're ready to go!

I earned my bachelor's and master's degrees as a bivocational minister, and I currently working on the DMin as a bivo. It can be done. If you have been thinking of earning a degree or even taking some classes but did not feel that you could do so as a bivocational minister, you can do it.

No comments: