Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Great Training Opportunity for Bivocational Ministers

I serve on the Church Relations Council for Campbellsville University. Today I attended the dedication service for their new chapel. Prior to this the students had to go to a nearby church for their convocations and chapel services. Now they have a beautiful new chapel that will be used for many activities at the school. It will also house the School of Theology.

While at the dedication service I had the opportunity to talk to the dean of the School of Theology who told me they plan to offer a 27 hour Certificate in Christian Ministry on-line starting in August of this year. This will be a great opportunity for bivocational ministers who have not had formal theological or ministry training. I do not have details of the classes that will be offered or the cost, but as soon as that information becomes available I will post it.

Campbellsville University is an excellent Christian school located in the small community of Campbellsville, Kentucky. If you have young people looking at colleges I would encourage you to suggest they check out Campbellsville. Most students qualify for tuition assistance making the school very affordable. For more information about the school check out their website at http://www.campbellsville.edu.

No comments: