Monday, April 30, 2007

A Great Lord's Day

Yesterday was such a great day! The weather was beautiful with blue skies and a bright sun. I was scheduled to preach in a small, bivocational church that is seeking a new pastor. They had a nice turn-out, and the youth presented a very well done presentation in honor of Child Abuse Prevention month. Following the service I had a brief meeting with the search committee and gave them a couple of resumes for people who might be good candidates for their church.

After a quick lunch I drove to another bivocational church that was ordaining their pastor. I've never seen an association that loves one individual as that association loves that pastor. For several years he served as the moderator of the association before finally accepting God's call on his life to become a bivocational pastor. The church is growing under his leadership as he provides them with true servant ministry.

When I got home my wife and I sat on our deck and read and just relaxed. I put some hamburgers on the grill for a simple dinner that evening. We played with the dog, read some more, and just enjoyed a beautiful Lord's day. Definitely a great Lord's Day!

No comments: